To Our Valued Customers,
On the 23rd of March 2020, the president announced a 21-day lockdown for South Africa. From midnight tonight, Thursday 26 March to Thursday 16 April 2020, we as a country are moving into unprecedented territory. In response to the stringent guidelines put in place and in support of our President’s call to care for each other, Cirtech Electronics will continue to put staff safety and security first.
We want you to know that as a customer and trusted partner, we are still here to serve you as best we can by keeping our operations up and running. Our team is ready to support your continued operations during the lockdown. We are committed to delivering quality services to yourselves and will work hard to deliver despite these unusual circumstances.
In line with the above, we would like our customers to take note of the following regarding our services and support over the next 3 weeks.
- Our entire team is committed to serving you throughout these 21 days.
- Preparing for the lockdown, our entire team has internet access and the tools they need to work from home. We are therefore ready and able to work remotely.
- Our customer service team, sales team, technical team, and admin teams are all available to take calls, receive and send e-mails during the lockdown.
- It will be business as usual for the most part of our services.
However, there are a few areas of adjustments we would like to share with you:
- We are able to create and send out quotations and order confirmations. As per usual, our quotations will be in USD.
- While every effort is being made to have the delivery dates as accurate as possible on the order confirmations, the date will be subject to variation, based on the current Covid-19 situation. Therefore, the confirmed delivery dates on the order confirmations will be for reference only.
- On logistics: our air and courier shipments, as quoted, could be subjected to an additional freight surcharge. This adjustment will be calculated at the time of invoicing. We will certainly be in discussions with our logistic service providers to try to absorb and mitigate the impact, however, we may be forced to adjust and review some of the logistic costs to compensate for these surcharges. This would be applicable to current orders on hand as well as ongoing deliveries until the situation is normalised again.
- Despite China coming back online, there are still some production delays so the lead-time quoted are our best endeavours to be as accurate as possible, they could be subject to change.
- Already some of our customers are taking advantage of this and ordering 2 to 3 months of requirements to ensure they have stock when the lockdown is complete.
- Once the lockdown is over, we will endeavour to have your orders shipped to you without any further delays.
Should you have any special requirements please communicate these to our customer services department or your appointed Sales Manager.
We hope the above information answers most of the questions you may have regarding our services and commitment to our customers during this period. Please do not hesitate to ask us if you have any further questions.
Our team will continue to post updates via email and on our website, please feel free to visit this page for the latest update. https://www.cirtech-electronics.com/covid-19-update/
We would also like to hear from you, our customers, how you will be adjusting your daily operations during this time? Please share with us, so that we can find ways to assist and support your business from our side, helping you continue your business operations as much as possible.
While these are unusual times ahead, we are confident that our tenacity as a nation will see us through.
Stay safe and healthy!